Accessory Dwelling Units
A home is more than a striking structure. A home is the place where you experience all of life’s most personal phases and stages. A place where memories are made, and milestones marked. We believe that each home should perfectly reflect the way that each client wishes to experience life’s journey – functionally, emotionally, and aesthetically.
This 1949 brick rambler addition embraced the northwest outdoor lifestyle by creating a courtyard enclosed
by the existing kitchen/dining room and the new master suite addition. New windows and sliding doors
maximize natural light inside and facilitate circulation through the property.
• East facing glazing to capture morning light for the master suite addition
• Large sliding glass doors open the kitchen and dining area to the courtyard
• Roof lines consistent with the existing architectural style of the home
This 1906 Ballard bungalow was dark and the small, separated rooms made the spaces feel cramped. Our solution was to reconfigure the spaces for a more open layout, better lines of sight and ample natural light throughout the home. We carefully chose timeless yet modern materials like Shaker-style cabinets, brass cabinet hardware and large format subway tile to maintain the character of the original architecture.
• Connected kitchen and dining spaces for improved flow
• Removed drop ceilings to add height and illusion of more space
• Added tall cabinets for improved storage and larger visual interest
• Your unique approach to life guides your individual design solution.
• Our priority of understanding your preferences means we do not just listen; we hear you throughout entire process.
• Our team of experts will smoothly orchestrate processes, materials, and technology to align with your needs.
As your partner, we will deliver a home designed around you. Our guiding principle is the total functionality of your home and designing a space that you will thrive in.
Thank you for your interest in CLARK | BARNES.
1401 West Garfield Street
Seattle, WA 98119